Who We Are:
EvolveImmune Therapeutics is a next-generation immunotherapy company pioneering a new class
of precision cancer medicines to transform patient outcomes, compared to current solid tumor
therapies. Our first-in-category biotherapeutic EVOLVE platform utilizes integrated T-cell
costimulation to directly target tumor cells to deliver durable, tissue-localized anti-tumor adaptive
immune responses. Our newly-expanded, state-of-the-art 16,000+ square foot laboratory and office
space located in the New Haven, CT biotechnology corridor and our laboratory footprint in
Farmington, CT support in-house biologics, immunobiology, and translational activities, enabling our
rapid pipeline progress. This includes EV-104, our lead solid tumor program rapidly advancing
toward IND filing.
The company is seeking an entrepreneurial, industry-experienced leader as Executive Director of
Research to help set and execute preclinical and early translational research strategies for current
and future portfolio programs. This includes the implementation of advanced, functional in
vitro human assay systems and the development and execution of in vivo pharmacology strategies
to drive successful candidate selection for first-in-class portfolio projects and to identify precision
therapeutic strategies. A strong emphasis on tumor killing, cytokine production, and T cell
exhaustion assays, as well as on multiparameter flow cytometry assays, is expected. The candidate
will also interface closely with the biotherapeutics discovery and translational development teams to
achieve strategic and organizational objectives. Collaboration with our network of academic partners
is a key aspect of this role, including managing the immunobiology activities of selected external
research partnerships. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required, with evidence of
a track record of scientific and project achievements in biopharma.
We are seeking a candidate who enjoys working in a team and can leverage the growth
opportunities a matrixed environment provides. This is an exceptional opportunity for an agile,
problem-solving-oriented scientific leader eager to advance immuno-oncology drug discovery to
address the unmet medical needs of patients living with Cancer.
For more information about EvolveImmune Therapeutics, please
• Leading our immunobiology team and working with the team to 1) establish and refine
functional ex vivo and in vivo studies to evaluate T cell engager therapeutics and establish a
data-driven decision for drug lead and candidate selection, 3) oversee immune co-culture
assays including mixed lymphocyte reaction, T cell-tumor cell cytotoxicity assays and other
phenotypic assessments of genetically modified immune cells to identify phenotypes
associated with a knockout or genetic modification of genes of interest, and 2) develop and
execute expression and functional studies with patient samples to delineate differentiation
opportunities for emerging and selected candidate molecules.
• Leading our in vivo pharmacology team and working with the project team, biotherapeutic,
and translation team leaders to design studies to evaluate drug candidate in
vivo characteristics such as drug distribution properties, pharmacokinetic profile, early safety
readouts, and disease state modifications in murine and humanized cancer models.
• Working closely with our protein design and engineering colleagues to influence nextgeneration designs that extend the opportunities of integrated costimulation to address
emerging areas of clinical opportunities.
• Provide valuable mentorship for young scientists and support individual career development
for direct team members.
• Contribute as an executive leadership team member to help shape our organization’s future
strategies, pipeline, and organizational culture.
• Contribute to our company’s communication strategy to drive the visibility and recognition of
our scientific strategy and company milestones in presentations to our Board of Directors,
investors, and collaboration partners, and through presentations at external scientific
Qualifications and Experience:
• Ph.D. in Immunology or related field with postdoctoral experience
• 10+ years of industry experience and experience in the research and development of T cell
• Extensive experience in cellular immunology in a translational biology setting, including
experience in immunotherapy, target discovery, and technical experience in assaying
immune cells ex vivo and in vivo.
• Proven ability to mentor young scientists in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry
setting with demonstrated examples of supporting individual career development.
• Proven ability to manage drug discovery and development teams demonstrated by a strong
publication, patent, and/or drug development record.
EvolveImmune provides a competitive compensation and benefits package.
EvolveImmune Therapeutics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants should apply using this link.