Who We Are:
EvolveImmune Therapeutics is a next-generation immunotherapy company based in Branford and Farmington, CT. EvolveImmune is harnessing its ‘Immunology First’ approach to create first-in-category cancer medicines which aim to transform the lives of patients by delivering superior, long-term outcomes compared to current anti-cancer therapies. The EvolveImmune team has established a first-in-class and highly differentiated tumor-targeted T cell costimulation platform designed to re-invigorate adaptive immune responses in solid tumors. In addition, building upon research that originated from the Sidi Chen Laboratory at Yale University, EvolveImmune is leveraging a novel in vivo CRISPR-based target discovery platform to develop a broad portfolio of first-in-class therapeutics for unmet needs in oncology and immune diseases.
We are seeking a talented, entrepreneurial immunologist to lead the design and implementation of functional in vitro human assay systems, to drive the selection of differentiated candidate molecules which prevent the generation of T cell dysfunction or rejuvenate T cell exhaustion. Experience in the validation and application of tumor killing, cytokine production, immunophenotyping and T cell exhaustion assays is required. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated scientist who is eager to unravel cutting-edge immunobiology, to identify and position novel immunotherapies in the cancer immunology treatment landscape. Close collaboration and matrix working with members of the immunobiology, biotherapeutics and translational science teams are expected. Evidence for a track record of scientific and project achievements in biopharma is required. Strong verbal and written communication skills are expected.
For more information about EvolveImmune Therapeutics, please visit https://www.evolveimmune.com/.
- Conceive, design and execute human T cell-based immunoassays to evaluate EVOLVE lead and candidate molecule performance, including tumor killing assays, cytokine production, FACS-based and T cell exhaustion assessments
- Work with patient-derived tumor biosamples to assess T cell activation, proliferation and effector function to support clinical positioning opportunities
- Provide scientific input to optimize project progression and focus on differentiation
- Partner with Immunobiology, Biotherapeutics and Translational Science teams to ensure proactive sharing of scientific know-how across the organization
- Deliver clear, concise presentations at portfolio and project meetings which describe hypotheses, experimental results, key considerations and next steps, to enable organizational alignment
- Maintain records of experiments in electronic notebooks, analyze data and prepare presentation ready graphs
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety protocols
- PhD in immunology or a related field with 5+ years of postdoctoral or industry experience.
- Extensive experience in cellular immunology, preferably with translational immunology expertise setting. Ideally including experience in immunotherapy or cell therapy biology/pharmacology and technical experience in assaying immune cells in vitro and ex vivo.
- Capable of clarifying problems and working in collaboration with team members to identify solutions
- Proficiency in assays assessing immune cell function in vitro, such as TCR stimulation assays, tumor cytotoxicity assays. Experience with assay systems relevant to other immune cell types is a plus.
- Expertise in multi-color flow cytometry and with multiplex ELISA systems
- Expertise in use of data analysis software such as Flowjo, Excel and Prism as well as knowledge of statistical methods and curve fitting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
EvolveImmune will provide a competitive compensation package based on the level of the experience of the candidate.
EvolveImmune Therapeutics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Principals only.
Qualified applicants should apply using this link.